The Comedy Agent Will Insure Your Comedy Show Is A Success
will help insure your comedy event is a success. Weather you are having a corporate event or a comedy club event the comedy agent is an important player in the success of the event. They will provide just the right talent for the event and guide you through to the successful conclusion.
Laughter is a great way build teams in the corporate world. It is also a great way to brand your bar or hotel lounge as the place for fun with the local population. Comedy is a welcome escape form the stress of everyday life. The comedy agent specializes in producing comedy shows which are much different from music and other events.
1. In most cases you will provide information about the event you are planning and the comedy agent will quote you a price with their fees already built in. If you are booking a big name act there may be some required stipulations in the talents rider that you will have to provide but the agent will help with this or take care of it for you.
2. The Professional stand up comedy agent can help you find the right talent for your event. A good agency will be hooked up with hundreds of acts and will be able to find a good match for your event.
3. If you do try to book the comic yourself get there promo pack and bio prior to booking them. If you are booking a corporate event make sure they have experience performing for this kind of event. You don’t want the CEO and his wife sitting through some potty mouthed act he does not like. You can avoid that by using an agent that will know who can work clean and still be funny.
4. Make sure the event will have good light and sound. It is required for a successful event. The stand up comedy booking agents can help you with this. The funniest act in the world will flop if the audience can not hear them.
5. If you are having a corporate event with dinner have the show on after the dinner has finished and the clean up is complete. Wait staff clearing dishes away are a distraction from the show.
6. Have some member of upper management introduce the comic by telling some of their credits(television, movies, past performances). They should also ask the audience to keep there conversation down to a minimum and turn off cell phones.
7. There is always someone that would enjoy being in on the act. If you have some inside information the comic can us let them know prior to the show. A good act will usually work with the audience some to get some of the better known members of the audience in on the act.
8 Most comedy shows will last 90 minuets with a headliner feature act and opening act that also is the MC. Corporate shows are usually 30 to 45 minuets and normally just one act. The comic may be able to do longer but it is always a good idea to leave them wanting more.
9. You may to have to provide a hotel room if the talent is from out of town. The comedy agent can take care of this detail if you want them to. The only other thing for you to do is sit back and enjoy the show and the praise from those that had such a good time at the party.
For personal service helping with your event please fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Please give us as much detail as possible such as the date time and place of the event and any other pertinent information. Please give us a phone number or e- mail address to respond to you quickly.